The world’s largest wrestling entertainment, WWE and UFC, merge… 28 trillion won merger

The American professional wrestling organization World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and the American mixed martial arts competition UFC are merging.

According to Reuters and CNBC on the 2nd (local time), WWE will merge with Endeavor Group, which owns the UFC, to establish a new listed company. Under the terms of the agreement, Endeavor will acquire 51% of WWE, with WWE shareholders holding the remaining 49%.

As a result, the value of WWE soared to $ 9.3 billion (about 12 trillion won), and when merged with the UFC, which is worth $ 12.1 billion (about 16 trillion won), the scale is expected to increase to $ 21.4 billion (about 28 trillion won). 메이저놀이터

Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel will serve as CEO of the Endeavor Group and the new company, while WWE CEO Vince McMahon serves as chairman. The board will consist of 11 members, 6 from Endeavor and 5 from WWE.

“We will be a $21 billion+ live sports and entertainment powerhouse with a combined fan base of over 1 billion and tremendous growth opportunities,” McMahon said in a statement.

Previously, WWE was looking for an acquisition target for a sale. Amazon and ESPN have also been mentioned as possible acquisition candidates.

Meanwhile, McMahon was investigated last year after it was revealed that he had agreed to pay billions of dollars in settlements to a female employee he was having an affair with under the condition of confidentiality. As a result, he resigned from the CEO position and returned in January.

Nonetheless, WWE continues to rise in revenue. WWE’s share price has risen by about 33% compared to last year, and its market capitalization reached $ 6.8 billion (about 9 trillion won) as of the 2nd.

WWE, the world’s largest professional wrestling organization, has produced wrestling legends such as Andre the Giant and Hulk Hawken since the 1980s, as well as outstanding stars such as Dwayne Johnson and John Cena, who are also active as Hollywood actors.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Donec et mi molestie, bibendum metus et, vulputate enim. Duis congue varius interdum. Suspendisse potenti. Quisque et faucibus enim. Quisque sagittis turpis neque. Quisque commodo quam sed arcu hendrerit, id varius mauris accumsan.




Your site doesn’t have any tags, so there’s nothing to display here at the moment.